Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Besties

I've shared pictures of one of my best girlfriends before, but I don't think I've said much about her.
I met Loujuana when I was 18 at Stenner Glen.  Which were essentially off-campus dorms for Cal Poly San Luis Obispo and the community college there, the name for which I cannot remember right now...  We shared a small room together and a small living area with two other girls for over nine months.  We were two of three black girls in the entire complex and somehow ended up as roommates, despite declining to answer race/ethnicity questions on the application (as many multi-ethnic people I've learned are often inclined to do...).  We hit it off right away.  And there were a couple rough times (did I mention it was a small room?), but in the end the experience bonded us, forever!  We have gotten closer and closer even with years where we didn't get to see much of each other.  She introduced me to my husband!  So it could even be said that we wouldn't have our two sugar boogers without her.
She's one of the strongest, most loyal and funniest women I know.  Oh, and smart and gorgeous.  There's that.  I'm so blessed to have her in my life!
DSC04740(1)
{@ a sushi spot at fox hills mall... i already forgot the name.  bad blogger}

No comments:

Post a Comment