Thursday, February 21, 2013

Fusilli lunghi bucati

My sister tried out Bantu Knots a little while ago, said they were easy and so Emberly and I decided to try them out.
 photo DSC06194_zps78e08c09.jpg

We started with freshly washed hair and two Blended Beauty products; silk shake for detangling and conditioning, curly frizz pudding for its medium hold.  We detangled manageable sections, parted, applied a bit of pudding and twist, twist, twisted, until the hair twisted onto itself.  Made sure the ends were well conditioned and they tucked neatly into the base and stayed in place from the tension.  We had to go back and re-do a couple because it was easy to make painfully tight.
 photo DSC06193_zpsdde6d8c1.jpg

 photo DSC06190_zpsb1890b0f.jpg
Emberly did not like how she looked with the bantu knots.  I thought she was cute, but I hate having to go places when I don't like my hair, so I didn't make her.  My original plan was for her to wear the knots for 1-2 days before taking them down to wear the curls, so I made neat, precise sections and parts.  If I'd known she would not like it, I would have sectioned her hair off into the knots more organically, so the parts wouldn't be so obvious once we took them down.
When we did take them down, voila, curls that resembled corkscrew pasta (Fusilli lunghi bucati).  On the first day, some sections got pretty frizzy; they were too large.  I read that the longer the hair, the larger the sections, however, that must apply to people with less natural curl (or those that straighten their hair frequently, like maybe me).  I re-did just those that night dividing them into two and we were very pleased with the result.  Below is her second-day hair.
 photo DSC06207_zps6cdafcb6.jpg

 photo DSC06206_zps07910281.jpg

1 comment:

  1. I'm definitely gonna try this with my daughter's hair! Not sure if it's gonna work but we'll try! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete