Friday, January 20, 2012

More Packing Light

Have you ever had your luggage stolen?  Are you also too cheap to pay for checking bags?  Then you're just like me!  Damon thought it was ridiculous that I wasn't going to check anything for a week long vacation.  I told him to feel free to check if he needed to, but, I was not.  At first, when you think about everything you want to bring, it does seem impossible.  But when I thought about the number of days and what we'd be doing, it became pretty easy to weed things out.
I brought:
  • 3 bikinis(which I thought would be hard for me because I have a ton, but trying them on dissuaded me from several LOL) and a sarong
  • 3 pairs of shorts
  • 1 skirt
  • 2 dresses
  • 6 tops (one of which doubled as a dress)
  • 2 pairs of sandals
  • 1 sports bra and yoga short

Heels just wouldn't fit in the bag, which when I got there and saw the sandy cobblestones everywhere, wasn't such a tragedy.
I wore my sneakers and a pair of pants to the airport.
And I did actually wear everything I brought, except for the sports bra (never did a high impact workout.  Hey, it was vacation), even remixing a few pieces.
Here are a few shots (some pretty crappy, sorry)!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. We honeymooned in the Dominican Republic and loved it! My husband would have loved the zip line you did and I am really impressed at your packing. We're headed on our first post-children adults-only vacation this spring and you've given me hope that I can be a carry-on only travler! Plus, as usual, you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! And you managed to pack some good jewelry too! As much as I love jewelry, I rarely bring it when I travel.

    ReplyDelete