Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Swimming in Ideas

I bought a Livingsocial deal to have my master bathroom painted. I'm waiting on my consultation but I plan to have it painted this color:


Along with replacing the huge generic frame-less mirror with two framed mirrors and floating shelving. So stay tuned for before and afters of that!
That leaves only the kids bathroom and laundry room with the original white.
There are a TON of other things I want to do to our house:
Put up a back splash under the cabinets behind the stove


Rip up the carpet downstairs for this:

And put something like this in my bathrooms and laundry:


There's some furniture I'm keeping an eye out for too. A wide bookshelf for the mini cove in our great room, and a head board for the queen bed in our guest bedroom.
And don't get me started on the furniture in our master suite. I've whined about it before. Hopefully I can enlist the hubby in staining our pieces a darker color and adding some brushed nickel hardware in order to tie them in with the rest of our house and bring them into this decade. And getting a bedskirt to hide the awful exposed boxspring that makes the bed look fugly even when it's perfectly made.
Sooo much to do, so little time and money. *sigh*

2 comments:

  1. I really like those bathroom tiles too! Cyndi and I found several boxes of small tiles to redo our guest bathroom wall at Lowes, we found on store had them on clearance (like 90% off, like .10 a section) so we bought them then went to two other Lowes stores & asked the managers there to sell their stock to us at the clearance price. They did it with very little grumbling! We found a new vanity/mirror/sink/all hardware on clearance at Home Depot, now just have to find time to put it all in.

    ReplyDelete