Sunday, April 10, 2011

Toys

The consensus amongst organizational blogs seems to be that toy boxes/chests are the anti-organization for toys. Just a quick-fix place to stuff it all.
But, I'm not a container-and-label happy type of girl. It's too sterile, too... anal. LOL. But I do like fabric bins. I do like to recycle. So fabric bins line the shelving of the kids' closet. Former pretzel nugget canisters are perfect housing for doll clothing and small parts. Baskets are cool too. And then those can go in the bigger box. And wouldn't you know, kids like it when things have a defined place to go?
Also surprising to me: I asked Emberly if she thought it was sad that some kids don't have many toys. She did think that was sad. I asked her if she would like to give some of hers to those kids. She very much wanted to! We went through her bins and she volunteered a good half of her dolls and stuffed animals. That's awesome. And much better than my original plan of sneaking it out to donate while she's at daycare :D
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment