Monday, April 18, 2011

Where babies come from

This morning, a friend sent me a picture of her baby, coming home from the hospital. Said baby is 10mo old now, so when Emberly checked out the picture, she was confused. I tried to clarify that the picture was back when baby was coming home from the hospital. This further perplexed and worried her. "Why!?!" she asks. And it dawned on me, Emberly doesn't know the majority of American's have babies in hospitals. She knows she was born at home and she saw her brother be born at home. To her, hospitals are for the injured and ill. I smiled inside at her lack of frame of reference for that experience. I hope it's a bigger trend than just my house.

1 comment:

  1. How sweet are the innocence and curiosity of our babies? This is a cute story.

    ReplyDelete