Sunday, March 13, 2011

Financial Check Up!

Lately I've been blog-hopping, trying to find my inner OCD housekeeper. I'm one of those people that will be *perfection* at something forever until something happens to throw me off a little bit and then procrastination sets in and eventually you would never know how great it used to be.
During the hopping I stumbled upon A Bowl Full of Lemons. I was perusing posts, finding inspiration for the various projects around the house I want to accomplish, but not feeling like REALLY jumping in.
Until today.
Enter the latest weekly challenge, ORGANIZE YOUR FINANCES. The challenge is based mostly on the teachings of Dave Ramsey, who I already love, and is kind of geared toward those who are in debt. Thanks to Dave Ramsey and The Total Money Makeover, we became debt free when Emberly was a baby (well, until we bought our home). And I became the infamously frugal penny pincher. My husband even has a slur just for me :D
BUT, we do not have a fully funded emergency fund. And I've become a little lax, as proven by the late charge (gasp!) I just had on my gas bill. So I think it's a good idea to revisit my budget and follow along with the challenge anyway, to refresh my penny pinching skills! AND... I totally want to win the Clean Mama Printables gift pack :D

No comments:

Post a Comment