Wednesday, December 8, 2010

100!

My hundredth post. What can I say. I like to run my mouth ;)
It seems like the perfect time to announce that this weekend I'm going to do a cleanse. No, not some crazy diet fad, but an internet cleanse. I was listening to Jonathan Franzen on Oprah talk about his process when he writes a novel. He spoke of turning down the "noise," isolating himself in his office without the 5million ways we have to keep in constant touch with everyone these days(WUPHF!). It appealed to me because while I know some people who have serious issues with technology addictions, I too have been known to waste a lot of time on the internet. And then have the nerve to complain about not having enough time. I wasn't like that before moving out here away from everyone I know. So it might seem silly and easy to people who have a huge "local" life. I know at first I'll itch to get on and see what everyone is "doing," which leads to 200 other tangents LOL But I'm going for the entire weekend. Friday thru Sunday. I'm excited to see what I do with all the "new" time. Read? Sew? I don't know!

>>PS, did I "quote" enough in this post? I don't "know." LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment